Sinus Rinse 70 Extra Strength Hypertonic Packets
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Sku : PH-ENG-INTL
NeilMed SINUS RINSE is an easy squeeze bottle system that allows you to deliver the saline solution with positive pressure to clean the nasal passages thoroughly, while maintaining your head in an upright position. You have complete control of the pressure and volume of solution, ensuring a gentle, soothing and therapeutic experience. Daily rinsing is safe and will keep your nasal passages clean, healthy and open.
Nasal Allergies, Dryness & Hay Fever
Sinus Pressure & Nasal Stuffiness
Nasal Symptoms from Flu & Cold
Nasal Irritation from Occupational & House Dust, Fumes, Animal Dander, Grass, Pollen, Smoke, etc.
Post Nasal Drip & Nasal Congestion
Soothing, No Burning or Stinging Large Volume & Low Pressure System for Saline Nasal Irrigation, Moisturization and Daily Nasal Hygiene
Single piece, custom-designed rounded black cap fits any nasal opening. No push and pull components make for easy cleaning
. Preservative, Drug, Iodine, BPA, Gluten and Latex Free
Premixed Packets of USP Grade Sodium Chloride & Sodium Bicarbonate (Purity level 99% or higher)
Excellent cleansing prior to spraying nasal corticosteroids
pH Balanced & Isotonic, or Hypertonic with two or more packets
Smooth Flow with easy squeeze bottle
Empties nearly 95% in upright position
Suitable for use after sinus surgery and during pregnancy. Consult your physician with concerns.
Portable for travel
Money back guarantee
- 70 extra strength hypertonic premixed packets of pH balanced sodium chloride & sodium bicarbonate mixture (USP grade, natural ingredients, hypertonic, preservative & iodine free)
- Educational brochure
Directions For Use & Warnings
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEE YOUR DOCTOR/HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.
Step 1 Please wash your hands. Fill the clean bottle with the designated volume of either distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron filter), commercially bottled or previously boiled and cooled down water. Always rinse your nasal passages with NeilMed® Sinus Rinse™ packets only. Our packets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are of the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water without our mixture will result in a severe burning sensation as the plain water is not physiologic for your nasal lining, even if it is appropriate for drinking. Additionally, for your safety, do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or, as mentioned earlier, previously boiled water at lukewarm or body temperature. You can store boiled water in a clean container for seven days or more if refrigerated. Do not use non-chlorinated or non-ultra (0.2 micron) filtered well water unless it is boiled and then cooled to lukewarm or body temperature.
*You may warm the water in a microwave in increments of 5 to 10 seconds to avoid overheating the water, damaging the device or scalding your nasal passage.
- Step 2 Cut the Sinus Rinse™ mixture packet at the corner and pour its contents into the bottle. Tighten the cap and tube on the bottle securely. Place one finger over the tip of the cap and shake the bottle gently to dissolve the mixture.
- Step 3 Standing in front of a sink, bend forward to your comfort level and tilt your head down. Keeping your mouth open, without holding your breath, place the cap snugly against your nasal passage. SQUEEZE BOTTLE GENTLY until the solution starts draining from the OPPOSITE nasal passage. Some may drain from your mouth. For a proper rinse, keep squeezing the bottle GENTLY until at least 1/4 to 1/2 (60 mL to 120 mL or 2 to 4 fl oz) of the bottle is used. Do not swallow the solution.
- Step 4 Blow your nose very gently, without pinching nose completely to avoid pressure on eardrums. If tolerable, sniff in gently any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice, because this may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area, which is the area at the back of your nasal passage. At times, some solution will reach the back of your throat, so please spit it out. To help drain any residual solution, blow your nose gently while tilting your head forward and to the opposite side of the nasal passage you just rinsed.
- Step 5 Now repeat steps 3 and 4 for your other nasal passage. Most users find that rinsing twice a day is beneficial, similar to brushing your teeth. Many doctors recommend rinsing 3-4 times daily or for special circumstances, even rinsing up to 6 times a day is safe. Please follow your physician’s advice.
- Step 6 Clean the bottle and cap. Air dry the Sinus Rinse™ bottle, cap, and tube on a clean paper towel, a lint free towel, or use NeilMed® NasaDOCK® or NasaDOCK plus™ (sold separately) to store the bottle, cap and tube.
It is very important to keep these devices clean and free from any contamination.Replace the bottle every 3 months.
NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ Squeeze Bottle: - Please perform routine inspections of the bottle and tube for any discolorations and cracks. If there are any visual signs of deterioration or permanent color changes, please clean thoroughly. If the discolorations remain after cleansing, discard the items and purchase new ones. We strongly suggest that you follow all these steps after each use of the product.
- Step 1: Rinse the cap, tube and bottle using running water.
- Step 2: Add a few drops of dish washing liquid or baby shampoo.
- Step 3: Attach the cap and tube to the bottle; hold your finger over the opening in the cap and shake the bottle vigorously.
- Step 4: Squeeze the bottle hard to allow the soapy solution to clean the interior of the tube and the cap. Empty out the bottle completely.
- Step 5: Rinse the soap from the bottle, cap and tube thoroughly and place the items on a clean paper towel to dry or use the preferred NasaDOCK® or NasaDOCK Plus.
The NasaDOCK® is a simple, hygienic way to dry and store the SINUS RINSE™ bottle, cap and tube. NasaDOCK® comes with various hanging options and is available in different colors. Our newest model also offers storage for our SINUS RINSE™ mixture packets. We strongly suggest using NasaDOCK® as an inexpensive, easy way to dry the cap, tube and SINUS RINSE™ bottle.
- Dishwasher Cleaning: Do not use a dishwasher to clean the inside of a bottle. While our bottle is dishwasher safe, a dishwasher will not adequately clean the SINUS RINSE™ bottle. The water jets in dishwashers cannot enter the narrow neck of the bottle, and portions of the bottle's interior will not be cleaned thoroughly. Additional methods of cleaning the bottle include the use of concentrated white vinegar or isopropyl alcohol (70% concentration), followed by scrubbing and rinsing as described above.
- Microwave Disinfection:Clean the device with soap and water as mentioned above and shake off the excess water. Now place the bottle, cap and tube in the microwave for 60 seconds if using a microwave with a power of 800 watts or less. If wattage is higher than 800 watts, please reduce the time to 40 seconds. This will disinfect the bottle, cap and tube as recommended by NeilMed® as well as published in medical research journals. If the microwave has been used recently, please make sure that the inside of the microwave has cooled back down to room temperature before using to disinfect the bottle. Previously heated microwaves will produce much more energy.
Maintenance & Storage :Use a microwave periodically to disinfect devices. Always store NeilMed® products in a cool and dry place with adequate ventilation. NasaDOCK® or NasaDOCK Plus offer a simple hygienic way to air dry & neatly store the bottle, cap, tube and NasaFlo.
Do not store the bottle with the cap screwed on, unless both are dry. Do not store the wet parts in a sealed plastic bag. If you travel before they are dry, wrap parts separately in paper towels. Hand soap or shampoo can be used for cleaning parts while away from home.
NeilMed® NASAFLO®: Please clean with soap & water and let air dry
- Always rinse your nasal passages with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets only. Our packets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are of the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water without our mixture will result in a severe burning sensation as the plain water is not physiologic for your nasal lining, even if it is appropriate for drinking. Additionally, for your safety, do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled for five minutes or more as boiling sterilizes the water. Other choices are distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or, as mentioned earlier, previously boiled water at lukewarm or body temperature. You can store boiled water in a clean container for seven days or more if refrigerated. Do not use non-chlorinated or non-ultra (0.2 micron) filtered well water unless it is boiled and then cooled to lukewarm or body temperature. Do not rinse if your nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection or blocked ears. If you have had recent ear or sinus surgery, contact your physician prior to irrigation. If you experience any pressure in the ears or burning in the nasal passages, stop irrigation and get further directions from your physician. Keep out of reach of children. Read and retain this enclosed brochure for instructions and other important information.
- Always Use Distilled or Micro-Filtered (through 0.2 micron) or Commercially Bottled or Previously Boiled & Cooled Down Water at Lukewarm or Body Temperature. Please do not use tap or faucet water when using NeilMed's nasal wash devices unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down.
- Before using the SINUS RINSE™ Kit for the first time, please inspect the cap, tube and bottle carefully for wear and tear. If any of the components appear discolored or cracked, please contact NeilMed® to obtain a replacement. You must follow the cleaning instructions provided in this brochure or cleaning instruction card or on our website prior to each use.
- The SINUS RINSE™ bottle and mixture are to be used only for nasal irrigation. Do not use for any other purposes.
- Rinse your nasal passages only with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets. Our packets contain a mixture of USP grade sodium chloride and sodium bicarbonate. These ingredients are the purest quality available to make the dry powder mixture. Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water will result in a severe burning sensation. Use distilled, micro-filtered (through 0.2 micron), commercially bottled or previously boiled & cooled down water at lukewarm or body temperature, properly mixed with NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ packets. Do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down. Do not rinse if nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection or blocked ears.
If you have had recent ear or sinus surgery, contact your physician prior to irrigation. If you experience any pressure in the ears or burning in the nasal passages, stop irrigation and get further directions from your physician. Keep out of reach of children. Read and retain this enclosed brochure, if provided, for instructions and other important information.
- We recommend that you use the rinse ONE HOUR PRIOR to bedtime in order to avoid any residual solution dripping down the throat.
- We strongly advise against the use of our kit on children or adults who have physical limitations or mental disabilities due to developmental or acquired disorders. Adults should read the directions first before using it on their children. Keep out of reach of children. Do not swallow the solution; however, if you do so accidentally, there is no harm as the amount of sodium ingested in one swallow is insignificant.
- Patients who are unable to stand up or bend near the sink SHOULD NOT use this product. We advise you NOT to use this kit on patients who are bed bound or severely debilitated.
Tips To Avoid Ear Discomfort While Rinsing
- If you have had ear surgery, please contact your physician prior to irrigation.
- Do not use if you have an ear infection or blocked ears.
- Rinse with lukewarm distilled, filtered or previously boiled water.
- Keep your mouth open.
- Do not hold your breath while rinsing.
- While rinsing, make sure to tilt your head as shown in the photo below.
- Gently squeeze the bottle while rinsing; do not squeeze the bottle very forcefully.
- Stop the rinse if you feel a sensation of fluid near your ears.
- Most importantly, always blow your nose very gently.
To Avoid Unexpected Drainage After Rinsing: In rare situations, especially if you have had sinus surgery, the saline solution can pool in the sinus cavities and nasal passages and then drip from your nostrils hours after rinsing. To avoid this harmless but annoying inconvenience, take one extra step after rinsing: lean forward, tilt your head sideways and gently blow your nose. Then, tilt your head to the other side and blow again. You may need to repeat this several times. This will help rid your nasal passages of any excess mucus and remaining saline solution. If you find yourself experiencing delayed drainage often, do not rinse right before leaving your house or going to bed.
Caution against using homemade salt mixtures with NeilMed® medical devices: Homemade solutions may have incorrect concentrations, leading to inadequate relief or even nasal congestion. Additionally, store bought table salt and baking soda are not pharmaceutical grade compounds for medical use and may contain impurities.
The NeilMed® SINUS RINSE™ system is a large volume nasal rinse that will deliver 120mL to 240mL(8 fl oz) of saline solution into the nasal passages. Adding one blue packet of NeilMed SINUS RINSE™ to 240mL(8 fl oz) of water will make an Isotonic saline solution (Hypertonic with 2 or more packets) that is pH balanced and preservative free.
USE ONLY AS DIRECTED, IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST SEE YOUR DOCTOR/HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL.